Friday, October 14, 2011

EVM2 : The Story Begins.. Starting the Project


I was driving through my city’s traffic, hoping to reach my office on time, when my Black Berry screen flashed “ Bharani Calling “

My heart beat skipped for second. She is the most beautiful girl at our office. If she were not daughter cum assistant to my boss, in my strong matrix organization,  I would  have asked her out, and would have done everything I could, to make date me.
I answered call “ Hi Bharani, good morning” though I wanted to say “hi sweetheart”
Bharani: “ hi Srik, good morning.. where are you ? late to office??”
ME: “ almost there, anything important?”
Bharani: “ Boss is waiting for you.. don’t you remember.. you will have to start working on Aliens Space towers building project”
Trying to recollect anything other than those four pegs of Black Dog Whisky I had last night, I said “ oh yah, I do remember..”
Bharani: “ ok that’s great.. see you then”
She hung up the call. I always wonder if a time ever comes when she says “love you baby” at the end of every call.
I went straight to my cubicle not looking at my boss, Mr.Sunil or his young, pretty, beautiful, sexy, the most eligible lady and his daughter cum assistant Miss.Bharani.
Mr Sunil came to me casually walking
ME: “ hi sir, good morning”
Mr Sunil: with a half smile on his face as reply to my good morning, said “ We have a meeting at 11’o clock along with the client representative. Remember you are going to be the project manager for that project. its your baby. be realistic with schedules and cost”
ME: wishing he had told my baby is yours “sure sir, I will give my best”
We sat together at the meeting along the representative and prepared the project charter. I could only imagine the amount of work that I will have to do in the days to come. That thought by itself made me not to notice the beautiful face of Bharani, who just came to inform something to her Dad cum Boss.

project-managementI called up my HR Head in the noon and we ended up in formulating the project team, after a long discussion.

Its 5 in the evening now and I am lost in thoughts of creating schedules and thinking of my tomorrows work regarding budgets and laying path for Earned Value management for my project.

The best thing that could relax me is having a cup of hot coffee along with the daughter of my boss, though I only have one in my hands among those and you can easily guess what it is.

I had sent a formal mail to all the people who are now my “project team” saying that we have a Kick-Off-Meeting tomorrow at 10am and also that we will be formulating schedule and budget.
 

 

Now that I really have a meeting, I will have to stop blogging and go for it… :)
- Sreekanth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Labels

2011 (1) 3g (1) ads (1) airtel (1) allah (1) andriod (1) Android (1) Anna Hazare (2) arabs (1) beggars (1) bing (1) bird sanctuary (1) blackberry (2) business (1) buying (1) cancer (1) caste (1) christianity (1) cigarette (1) constitution (1) Corruption (1) Delhi police (2) docomo (1) dowry (1) duff beer (1) education (1) facebook (1) god (1) google (3) how (1) Hyderabad (1) India (1) india.isupportannahazare (1) instagram (1) Iphone (1) Italy (1) job (1) KCR (1) Kiran bedi (2) lg (1) life (1) lokpal (1) look (1) love (1) Manmohan Singh (1) maps (1) market (1) market place (1) marriage (1) Microsoft (1) mobile (2) money (1) nelapattu (1) Nokia (1) old (2) other (2) pelican (1) people (1) photo (1) photography (1) plus (1) PM (1) PM and EVM (2) poverty (1) pulicat (1) quit (1) religion (1) search (1) Simpsons (1) smart phone (1) smoking (1) success (1) surfexcel (1) Telangana (1) top ten (1) user (1) vodafone (1) widget (1) windows (1)