Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Keep Looking for the perfect and you will never get one

For couple of days, I was seriously thinking of changing my mobile,

I own a Symbian based smart phone which a bought exactly 1 ½ years ago. (first time in my 23 years life to use a phone for such a long time)

It almost became a brick once, when it had a nice surfing stunt at Sivana Samudram Beach, Mangalore.

All that I did was, unscrew it and put it on a 100 watt bulb for an hour, after coming back to my room, to heat its chipset. Amazingly, it started working again.

I had used it so much that I finally started feeling that its no more interesting.

MobilePhones I have to essentially use two SIM Cards. That makes me carry two mobiles all time, one my smarty and any other basic model, which I keep switching.

So finally I thought to change my smarty mobile. First thing that came to my mind was Blackberry. Though its allows you to use one SIM, I always tilt towards it coz of this brand name and somehow I feel its status quotient.

 

1. Blackberry

Yes, its definitely a proven brand. But there is a reason that makes me think before I for it. To make best use of blackberry, you should be using Blackberry Internet Services. It’s not that you can’t access net via GPRS, but its something like using MAC OS on a windows machine. Never gives you the feel. Currently in India, BIS cots you around 400/- to 700/- depending on your service provider. So per annum its around 6,000. Whereas GRPS costs you somewhere in btw 50/- to 100/- per month. That is around 5000/- extra compared to normal GPRS. Any other platform based smartphone user can access the same features ( except BB Messenger) for 1000/- a year.

Considering that blackberry starts at 11k, you are almost paying 50% (Rs 5000/year for BIS) of the phones cost to use it.

In Simple terms, unless you have ROI on your BB, why would you want it when its running cost is high?

2. Duel SIM Mobiles with MKV Chipsets

Well, google it and you will find loads of those china software based mobiles. Yes u do get lot of features at cheaper price, but u can never count on them, Can fail anytime and u can’t have a good internet experience.

Would u want to buy something just because it’s cheap?

3. HTC

Had a look at HTC Wildfire. Personally, I don’t like touch Screen Based Phones at all and above that I just hated the way u unlock the mobile. Got to move the slider to the top of the screen. And take a close look at the mobile screen, you can almost count the pixels, which shows the less quality. 

so still in search of models in htc

4. Any Andriod Based Mobile

To every one buying or thinking of an android mobile, I would suggest you to wait for a while before going for android. Not yet stabilized in the market. Moreover, its an open source Platform, so good if u can wait for developments to come up and the better reason is wait for a while and It becomes cheaper and better.

The battery drains out in android mobiles, as far as I know.

For some other the other reason, I haven’t yet found an Andriod mobile which impresses me.

5. BADA and Java Mobiles.

There are quite a few mobiles in market based on BADA and Java, some of which call themselves a smart phone. But I bet you, if u r a smart phone user, your heart will never allow you to downgrade to Java based mobile or BADA platform mobile.

6. Windows 7 Phones.

Well, it will burn your pockets if u are looking for a decent phone running on windows 7. It’s not that you can’t buy, but is it really worthy?

7. Symbian smart phones.

No please, I already have been using one for a long time. Why buy another one.

Keep Looking for the perfect and you will never get one..

Evaluate with your mind…. Judge with your heart. .

2 comments:

  1. @ Anonymus... Wat apple?? we already finished eating it na....


    P.S: Please mention your name while commenting on it...

    ReplyDelete

Comments

Labels

2011 (1) 3g (1) ads (1) airtel (1) allah (1) andriod (1) Android (1) Anna Hazare (2) arabs (1) beggars (1) bing (1) bird sanctuary (1) blackberry (2) business (1) buying (1) cancer (1) caste (1) christianity (1) cigarette (1) constitution (1) Corruption (1) Delhi police (2) docomo (1) dowry (1) duff beer (1) education (1) facebook (1) god (1) google (3) how (1) Hyderabad (1) India (1) india.isupportannahazare (1) instagram (1) Iphone (1) Italy (1) job (1) KCR (1) Kiran bedi (2) lg (1) life (1) lokpal (1) look (1) love (1) Manmohan Singh (1) maps (1) market (1) market place (1) marriage (1) Microsoft (1) mobile (2) money (1) nelapattu (1) Nokia (1) old (2) other (2) pelican (1) people (1) photo (1) photography (1) plus (1) PM (1) PM and EVM (2) poverty (1) pulicat (1) quit (1) religion (1) search (1) Simpsons (1) smart phone (1) smoking (1) success (1) surfexcel (1) Telangana (1) top ten (1) user (1) vodafone (1) widget (1) windows (1)